Sunday, October 9, 2011

We're Back But Let's Pick Up Where We Left Off

Cried all morning...even taking my last dip at Kamole Beach Park III. I felt like I was leaving a good friend. That's what Hawaii does to you and that's why people love it. So, we are back in CT. I am happy to have gotten 12 hours of sleep last night and am eating a good old fall harvest apple, overlooking Sleeping Giant.  

We left off on the day that we drove to the top of Haleakala which was wonderful! Uncle Brian, we would have done the sunrise ride, but the shoulders of the road were so tiny, I would have been nervous the entire way down. But have no fear. The adventures were plentiful.

On Friday, September 30th, we attended Christy's wedding. Beautiful bride and calm bride. The wedding was hosted at a private residence on the southwest shore of Maui right near Makena (my now favorite spot). Makena beaches are like transplanting Gilgo into Hawaii minus the people and radios. Even though it rained, the love shone through and it was a wonderful night. I was taking pictures for my mother-in-law as well as myself, so the best ones went to her. Here are some of my favorites.

Dad & Todd before the wedding...waiting out the rain


The set-up before the tent came.



At the ceremony.
 

Mum, Christy & Dad walking down the isle. Christy and Alan chose somewhere over the rainbow on the ukelele to be played by Alan's brother-in-law, Jim.


Alan & Christy

Lining up to sign the marriage document.

Todd and Chief Maui...the guy who married Christy and Alan. That's not his name, but you get my drift.

Me and my loving husband.

The sun was setting a bright orange color, we had to get it. Thanks to Uncle Patrick II.

Looking up.

I wish this wasn't blurry but you get it. Happy with my Broughies.

Sizzy

The cottage/house on the water.

Todd signing as Christy and Alan's witness.

No comments:

Post a Comment